Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I Could Have Been a Doctor

Yeah…right…I already confessed that I am a sympathetic puker! But I got the greatest compliment from Dr. Macko (my mom’s radiologist) today.

She pulled me aside in the hall and asked if I had a background in medicine!? At first, I thought she was going to finish the sentence with “then hush and let me do my job”, but she said the way I rattled off my mom’s chemo drugs, blood counts and treatment plan so far, she figured that I had a background in medicine!

I told her, absolutely not. I have just been listing very astutely since August to what each and every doctor has said and filed it into my little brain box! She said she was very impressed.

Of course the way my mom perked-up and grinned, you would have thought I had a degree in medicine. And to think, when she first had surgery I thought I was doing good to mimic a Candy Striper!

Just goes to show … how important it is to pay attention and ask questions. It makes you a better cancer supporter.

No comments: