Saturday, January 6, 2007

She's a Keeper

Friday was blood work day – woohoo…my mom so looks forward to that! Since she is still being treated for that pesky DVT (no signs of blockage, but they usually treat for a few months after as a precaution), we have blood drawn every week to monitor the counts/levels. Not to mention, low counts is a side effect of radiation, so we want to make sure that we have good levels before Monday.

The nurse that came to take my mom back and draw her blood was very sweet. Now it takes my mom a few minutes to “get her sea legs” once she stands up and the nurse put her arm out to give my mom some stability and off they went.

When they came around the corner a few minutes later and the nurse tried to hand her off to me, I told her …”Sorry all sales are final, no refunds or exchanges!”

Just kidding people! My mom had a great day and her blood counts were high– they are all doing their job and circling the wagon, gearing up for Monday.

Her hair is even starting to sprout. Oh wait …I forgot….hair was one of my new Italian words for the day. So…I should say that her i cappeli is starting to sprout. ;)

No comments: