Sunday, December 31, 2006

It’s Just a Bump on the Head

Recovering at home was pretty much uneventful, with one exception.

During the night my mom had gotten up to go to the little girl’s room and lost her balance. Now, keep in mind we are just a few days out, post-op. When something like this happens, you get a little panicked. You’re not sure if you ripped some stitches or shook up something on the inside, so all modesty goes out the window.

My parents called my brother, who conveniently lives near by as well, who in turned called the fire department – much to my mom’s displeasure.

We wanted to make sure that she was okay and decided to let the professionals handle it. If you think she hates having family take care of her, you can imagine how it is when you have to call the professionals! :)

We are blessed to have some pretty cool fire department personnel who handled my mom with kid gloves and a liberal helping of compassion. Once they looked her over, they declared that she was okay; it’s just a bump on the head.

By the way, I could have told them my mom was fine – the woman did comment about the hot firemen in her bedroom! I told you she was a spunky hambone!

Thanks to TCFD for being there when we needed you!

No comments: