Monday, January 1, 2007

Introducing the Dream Team

These are the people that are going to work their mojo to beat your cancer into remission. They are the ones that plan out the treatment plan, monitor your progress, answer your questions and even wipe away your tears.

My mom was blessed with the most phenomenal gynecological oncologist on the face of this (or any other) planet …and his staff members were not slouches either.

Dr. Alan Munoz is not only a skilled surgeon, but one of the most compassionate individuals I think I have ever met. But I imagine when cancer is your business; you have to have some pretty special gifts not only as a surgeon but as a human being.

There is a reason that this man has been named by Texas Monthly as a Texas Super Doctor and by D Magazine as a Best Doctor.

Now, having those kinds of well-founded accolades, means that you are going to be pretty darn busy in the operating room...so you better have a remarkeable staff that handles the day-to-day tasks, treatment over-view and can field the zillion questions that people are going to ask. And that is exactly what he has in Jeri Ann, Michele, Leeann, Karen and others I might not have met, or worse …might have forgotten!

Each and every time I took my mom to that office, those ladies treated her like she was the only one in their care. (Completely false because that office is jumping) While I am sure they were swamped, they always took the time to ask how she was doing, answered our questions and offered some reassuring words of encouragement and random hugs. They even had enough left over to slip a hug my way …and there were days that it was greatly appreciated!

There is a lot of love, faith and strength in that office that a patient and their family can draw upon.

Not that I wish cancer on anyone, but if you or a loved one is every facing gynecological cancer – hands down, Dr. Alan Munoz’s practice is where you want to be.

Thank you “Dream Team” for all you have done for my mom and for making this journey a bit more bearable!

No comments: