Monday, January 1, 2007

Party Like a Rock Star!

For Christmas, my husband and I decided to have a Knock-Down Noel Party at our house. TXODT will most likely demolish our house in order to make room to widen a local road (as long as they fairly compensate…they can have whatever they want)

So we wanted to have one really good family gathering at our house before that day came. So our house would see a bona fide traditional Christmas…at least once.

Everything was wonderful – I made lasagna, we had sausages flown in from NYC. The meatballs were flowing next to the provolone, prosciutto, cappicola and so much more.

Did I mention that I made home-made struffoli that was FABULOUS ?

I was really starting to get into my Italian heritage at the start of 2006, but since August, it’s taken on a life of its own. I think it’s the whole cancer thing. I want to make sure that the traditions I made with my mom are stuck in my head so I can incorporate them into my own family.

I am learning Italian – of course, having my husband say he would take me back to my roots didn’t hurt!

So far, I can say cow and cockroach – I live in Texas, what else did you think my first words would be!

As for Christmas…it was GREAT and probably the best one we have had yet…perhaps it’s because my mom proved that she can party like a rock star

(She is going to kill me for posting this picture, but how often do you get to see your cancer battling mother playing Guitar Hero 2…and making this face













Happy New Year Everyone and Blessings to each and every one of you.

No comments: