Monday, January 1, 2007

My Husband Rocks

Some people will say that I am biased because he’s my husband, but this is no ordinary man, folks.

It’s hard to imagine anyone loving your family as much as you do. You have had enough time to learn to tolerate them and their quirkiness and take the good with the bad.

The day my mom was diagnosed with cancer, my husband offered to re-arrange his schedule and help in any way he could. There were days he drove my mom to her doctor’s appointments, stopped by the house to check on her or just spent some time talking to her on the phone.

He never once made me feel guilty about spending so much time with my mom. He actually told me that being with her was the most important thing – and that’s were he wanted me to be.

There were times we would go someplace and he would say, “Let’s ask your folks to go, I bet they would like it.” He never looked at them as being an imposition …and there are some people that would.

The day that totally melted my heart was after mom my shaved her head. She was very self-conscious about it and wore a little skull cap around the house. When my husband and I stopped by the visit, my mom asked James what he though of his new bald mother-in-law? My husband got up from the couch, walked to my mom and kissed her on that little bald head and told her she looked beautiful. Talk about losing it!

Now, it’s not that my husband is not a sweet guy. But it’s the fact that he did all these things willingly, without me having to ask, he stepped up to the plate and loved my family as if it were his own... not everyone does that.

So for my wonderful husband, I am truly thankful. He has been by reassurance, my shoulder to cry on, my back-up chauffer, comedian and rock for this journey.

I always knew that he loved me, but that love and devotion was magnified to an immeasurable amount.


Thank you, schmoops ... I love you!


No comments: