Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Angel Floor

Wow!

Who knew that there would be a complete night and day difference between a cardiac tower and a woman’s gynecological floor?

Now I understand why they call this floor at Medical City the Angel Floor. Most of the women admitted are there for some type of cancer …and it takes a very special person to deal with cancer – let me tell ya!

I was amazed at how much they celebrated in my mom’s small accomplishments each and every day. It made me feel good to know that she was there. When she got the strength to walk around the nurse’s desk – they gave her two thumbs up. When she got in and out of bed on her own, considering the amount of pain she was in, they told her they wished all their patients had that kind of resolve and outlook.

To the ladies (and gentleman) on that floor – thank you…thank you …thank you …for taking care of our families most precious gift!

No comments: