Saturday, December 30, 2006

Turn Back Time


So, as I pointed out in my Preamble post, we thought we were dealing with a DVT back in August of 2006 – while concerned, not too worried.

During this time, I had been point man for planning a surprise birthday party for my mom. Things were coming together for the big celebration and best of all she did not have a clue. Come to think of it, we really had no clue either.

The party went off without a hitch, and my mom was truly surprised to see all her family and friends’ waiting for her, at what she assumed was a small family dinner. But even during the party she seemed a little off and pre-occupied.

Three days later, the family was called together and she explained that she had gone to her physician a week before the party with what she thought was side affects from the DVT therapy and the blood thinners. She explained that she had been referred to a gynecological oncologist for an additional consultation and would not know the tests results for a few days.

In true form my mom quipped that she wished she could turn back the clock and hold at birthday number 79, since 80 wasn’t so hot thus far! (and for the record, my mom neither looks or acts her age - she's totally cool!)

No comments: